Job ID 16852
Career Level Entry
Experience Fresh or +
Industry Insurance / Pension Funding
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
ABOUT AXA HONG KONG AND MACAU
AXA Hong Kong and Macau, a member of the AXA Group, prides itself on serving over 1.3 million customers in the region. In addition to being the #1 global Property & Casualty commercial lines insurer, we are also one of the largest health protection providers in Hong Kong and Macau.
‘Empowering people to live a better life’ is the goal of AXA Hong Kong and Macau, which is reflected in everything we do. We are one of the most diversified insurers, providing a full range of coverage for individual and commercial customers. We offer all-round, integrated solutions across Life, Health and Property & Casualty to address all their insurance needs.
AXA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promote Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity, respect, and where individual differences are valued. We welcome and treasure diverse profiles to join our big family, and to build an inclusive culture together which allows everyone to maximize their personal potential.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited
 AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
Actuarial Intern (Jul – Dec 2022)
Roles and Responsibilities
Support to Corporate Actuarial Team
- Support the regular valuation report preparation, exposure to valuation process including reserve calculation, embedded value calculation, data validation, trend analysis, etc.
- Provide support to the process improvement, e.g. worksheet revamp or design a new tool to complete regulatory forms, streamline or enhance HKRBC production process, etc.
- Update documentations related to valuation process, methodology and results
- Support prophet operation such as model run setting, table update, result extraction, etc.
- Participate in Prophet model UAT exercise to ensure the model’s correctness
Support to Participating Business Development Team
- Understand the product features and bonus mechanism of participating policies
- Support the management of participating fund and bonus recommendation
- Perform prophet operation to monitor the position of participating fund
- Understand various investment instruments, and support impact analysis with regard to different investment strategies and ALM initiatives
- Provide support on ad hoc enquiry or policy value calculation
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of processes
Through the internship program, you are able to:
- Apply the knowledge you learn at university
- Understand the real life work environment
- Gain relevant experience, such as exposure to handle task with business cashflow and projection worksheets
- Support Prophet (cashflow projection software) modelling, maintenance and regular operations
- Enhance soft skills through on-the-job training, e.g. communication skill
- Undergraduate students of degree of actuarial science or related discipline /or fresh graduates with less than one year of working experience
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Skills of Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic for Applications a strong advantage
- Good team players with can-do attitude