Job ID 21022
Career Level Others
Industry Environmental Science
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Relocation Assistance Offered Globally
# 97145 – Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Purpose of the position:
At Colgate, we believe that everyone deserves a future they can smile about. However, that future is facing an environmental crisis with plastic use. As an industry leader, we are committed to evolve from being part of the problem to being part of the solution – unleashing the circular economy; a model that looks at the full ecosystem of production and consumption and finds ways to actively regenerate ecosystems both at the natural and community levels.
Sustainability is a Global thrust for the company and markets are embarking on their own sustainability initiatives and working on local plans. There is a need to organize efforts to maximize the benefit and impact of the collective efforts of the different teams across the region.
The APAC Sustainability Manager is crucial in orchestrating sustainability efforts across a large organization in Asia Pacific, navigating across markets and functions, and working with the individual champions in each market to develop tangible actions and roadmaps to achieve the sustainability objectives. This person will also be the key representative for APAC in all matters regarding sustainability whether with internal (Global, Divisional, Technical, etc.) or external stakeholders (agencies, partners, government, etc.).
- Develop sustainability strategy, roadmap and measurement for Asia Pacific, aligning Global strategy and insights from APAC markets
- Develop guidelines, playbooks and implementation plans for APAC sustainability initiatives and provide updates against measurement at regional level
- Meet desired sustainability targets per overall project budget and schedule, expectations, and requirements.
- Build the effective mechanism of knowledge and best practices sharing among Sustainability Champions from hubs, and working with global on training assets
- Lead to deepen the sustainability knowledge in the entire APAC organization through the leadership of Sustainability Champions in hubs, and working with global on training assets
- Orchestrate efforts among the different Sustainability Champions across hubs, and the Subject Matter Experts across the different Sustainability Ambitions
- Help identify and develop sustainability projects including new reuse/refill models, new format rollout (tube, new forms), and local collection strategies
- Work with Customer teams to co-create Customer Engagement Strategies
- Work with Legal and Regulatory functions on plastics-related legislations
- Work with Human Resources to embed sustainability KPIs as part of the roles of different functions
- Make sustainability KPIs tangible on a category and brand level
- Bachelor degree or above, preferred in Environmental or Sustainability related discipline.
- Knowledgeable on manufacturing and production processes for FMCG products.
- Track records of practical experience in corporate sustainability strategy development, stakeholder engagement, project management and change management.
- Abreast with the latest sustainability trends and well-connected with industry related resources.
- Innovative, committed, open minded and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in green economy, environmental and sustainability issues, with a true passion in making positive impact on sustainability.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit . To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love programme please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.