Job ID 17276
Career Level Senior Management
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Industry Education / Training
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic, innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University has been offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with around 10,000 full-time undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates, and more than 8,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting applications for the following post in the Public Affairs Unit:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs, the appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Director in formulating and implementing branding and promotion strategies/plans to enhance the image of the University;
- Leading and supervising the Public Relations and Development team as well as the clerical pool of the Office;
- Developing fundraising strategies and plans, and coordinating fundraising campaigns and donation-related matters;
- Formulating media communication strategies/plans, fostering close relationship with the media, and organizing press events such as interviews, speaking engagements and press conferences;
- Overseeing the budgeting, planning and execution of University events and promotional activities;
- Developing communication and cooperation opportunities for fostering closer tie with the community;
- Supporting the office in other aspects such as publications, marketing, alumni affairs when needed; and
- Undertaking other duties as assigned.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- A relevant recognized degree and substantial relevant work experience;
- Rich experience and strength in fundraising, brand management, public and media relations, website development and event management;
- Experience in database management and publications is an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, preferably including Putonghua; and
- Good analytical skills and be proficient in computer applications, including English and Chinese word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Candidates may be invited to attend a written test.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, composite cash allowance, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 3 March 2021