Job ID 17145
Career Level Non-Management
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Industry Accounting / Auditing / Taxation
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody’s and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
As part of the financial reporting function, you will be a key contributor of the investment reporting section:
- Coordinate the monthly investment reporting closing process for both local and group reporting
- Perform reconciliation of investment related accounts
- Prepare regulatory filing and reporting where necessary
- Maintain documentations for investment accounting policies applied (e.g. hedge accounting)
- Review and assess the appropriate accounting treatment for new asset types
- Participate in different projects such as IFRS 9 implementation
- Liaise with external auditor for audit activities
- Supervise and knowledge sharing with other team members
- Communicate with other related departments such as investment operations
- Conduct ad hoc analysis when requested
- Degree or above from recognized university
- Professional qualification from recognized accounting bodies
- At least 5 years accounting experience in finance function, preferably in investment reporting
- Proficient in excel, Sun 6 accounting system, vision and other relevant applications
- Experience in PAM system and/or Oracle system is an advantage
- Knowledge in IFRS 9 is preferred
- A team player who is ready to collaborate with others
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight schedules
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.