Job ID 20823
Career Level Others
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Industry Government & Civil Services
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
[Ref. No.: 3/18/AM/EXH/MK(1)/HKTDC ]
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the statutory organisation promoting Hong Kong’s external trade, seeks dynamic, high-caliber and experienced professionals to join our Exhibitions Department. To strengthen Hong Kong’s role as Asia’s international business platform, we organise more than 30 world-class international trade fairs in Hong Kong each year. These fairs, which cover various industries and sectors, create opportunities for companies to promote their products or services to buyers from all over the world.
Reporting to Manager, Marketing Communications, the appointee will be required to formulate and implement marketing communication plans for HKTDC trade and public fairs.
- To formulate and implement advertising, direct mail, SEM, digital marketing, social media, overseas promotion and publicity plans for exhibitors and visitors recruitment
- To come up with the media plans and constantly review effectiveness of various media channels in different markets
- To identify and liaise with potential local/overseas media partners on barter proposals to maximise the awareness of the fairs and propose new promotion channels to maximise reach to potential new exhibitors and visitors
- To monitor the production of marketing collaterals such as sales brochure, sales kit, buyers’ newsletter, etc. and arrange for supplement opportunity in local and overseas media
- To brief and supervise suppliers to produce digital content, advertisements/advertorials, direct mail, collateral, promotion videos and other supportive materials
- To co-ordinate with various internal teams in planning and updating promotion materials and liaise with overseas offices on media and fair publicity programmes
- To control project costing and spend the budget on the most effective publicity channels
- To supervise assistants on daily project execution and manage and support onsite activities during fair periods
- To work with different teams within department to collect highlight products’ and events’ information for advertising/promotion
- To supervise the production and updating of websites
- A university degree in communication, marketing or relevant discipline
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in advertising, media or marketing field, preferably from fashion or lifestyle-related industries.
- Must be familiar with graphics and production techniques, video production and digital content creation
- Excellent command of written and verbal English and Chinese. Fluent in Putonghua
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, and solid knowledge on the latest trends and best practices in digital marketing and measurement
- A team player, meticulous , self-motivated, and able to meet multiple deadlines
Remuneration and Benefits:
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed-term contract basis, renewable subject to operational needs. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience .
Interested candidates are invited to complete the application form on our website on or before 3 February 2021. Those who do not hear from us within EIGHT WEEKS after the closing date may assume their applications were unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Council. Their personal data will be destroyed six months after the selection is finalised.
Hong Kong Trade Development Council