Job ID 21376
Career Level Others
Industry Retail & Wholesale
The Consumer Products division of this local Hasbro entity provides services for the licensing business of Hasbro International Inc. (HII). We are currently recruiting for this position, based in the local office in this market.
The Associate Accountant sits under our Consumer Products (Licensing) business, is the key day-to-day finance to our licensees and agents in APAC region. This role is to provides financial support for our Category Managers 5 offices in APAC and 13 reporting countries for driving our Consumer Products (Licensing) business.
Royalty reporting & Credit Control
- Ensure Royalty reports templates sent out, received and processed by Corporate Royalty Department (CRD).
- Confirm the HCPLL invoices amount and licensees details prior SAP invoice generation via Share Point workflow
- Ensure licensees receive HII invoices on a timely manner.
- Chase debtors on a regular basis with the help of Category team, sub-representatives and debt collectors.
- Chase and verify royalty reports from licensees / sub-representatives.
- Advice CRD / Share Service Centre (SSC) the allocation of funds received from Licensees.
- Reconciliation of licensee account balances.
- Resolve licensee’s financial queries related to contracts/royalty reports/account balance.
- Create invoicing summary / aging / open report summary to Category Manager or Sub-rep.
- Analyse and investigate un-allocated cash received from agents/licensee.
- Work with Tax department for Licensees’ tax certificate requests / tax queries for payment.
- Reconciliation of Licensee / agent account balances, open items accounts, investigate and resolve any discrepancies with CRD, SSC or related party.
- Recommend process improvement where possible (eg. HCPLL invoicing process)
General Finance Support:
- Assist in ad hoc financial reports and reconciliation tasks as requested by APAC CP Sr. Finance Manager, Head of APAC and Global Finance.
- Assist in resolving any queries raised by Category Mgrs. related to contracts and finance.
- Highlight any potential credit risk to APAC Finance / Category Mgrs.
- Part Qualified Accountant.
- Previous experience of working in a Finance / Administrative role
- Advanced PC skills (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong initiative and flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English & Mandarin).
- Able to provide accurate and timely information and analysis on request.
- Ability to clearly summarize and present information to stakeholders.
- Ability to assess current procedures and recommend process improvements where necessary
- Flexibility on work hours due to time zones and peak seasons.
- Experience in SAP, FP&A environment & licensing / royalty accounting is an advantage.