Job ID 16875
Career Level Others
Experience 7 - 8 Years or +
Industry Retail & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The role will be responsible for supporting Finance/FP&A and collaborate with, but not limited to, Retail Ops, HR/R&R/Payroll and Burberry Business Services to maximize transparency of information between the functions.
- Handles the cash office functions including sales & receipts reconciliations and clearing for mainline stores and digital sales
- Perform bank reconciliations for the region
- Perform month-end balance sheet reconciliations on tender controls and bank accounts
- Assist with any group’s initiatives, projects and ad-hoc assignments, handle and follow up any system issues / queries and to work with IT team and SAP Support team for resolution
Countries to support: Asia Pacific (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, South East Asia, Taiwan)
Reporting to: Financial Controller FSS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Qualified or semi-qualified Accountant
- A minimum of 8 years’ working experience in sizeable multinationals preferably in luxury retail industry
- SAP experience in accounts receivable is a MUST.
- Project experience is an advantage.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Computer literate with excellent in Excel and other MS Office applications
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.