Job ID 16731
Career Level Others
Experience 7 - 8 Years or +
Industry Health / Beauty Care
Relocation Assistance Offered Globally
# 96877 – Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
The Design Integration Manager (DIM) Asia Pacific manages the process / creation of Master Bundles and is the bridge between the Brand Design team and Artwork teams within Colgate-Palmolive’s Global Design and Packaging (GD&P) team. This role reports to the Design Director, Asia Pacific. In this role you will drive the bridge between the Design Creation Phase and Packaging Artwork phase – the output into packaging development. GD&P is the team responsible for the design systems and packaging execution of the Colgate-Palmolive global portfolio of products which are found in 75% of every home in the world. We have over 20 brands in four categories – Home Care, Oral Care, Personal Care and Pet Care. We create the brand expression (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of our brands.
● Drive the Design Integration Process – The bridge between the Design Creation Phase and Packaging Artwork phase, supporting and partnering closely with the Brand Design Manager to envision the possibilities and bring the design intent to life in which the final output will result in a Master Bundle being uploaded into BEAT, to begin our Execution Phase. (production person between Design Team & Design Execution Manager)
● You are expected to assess each project’s objectives and develop the best strategic workflow for Packaging Artwork efficiency and success.
● Ensure the seamless transition of finalized Adaption design/templates to the Artwork execution process. Including color standards, image rights and type licensing.
● Support the development and implementation of a globally integrated packaging design-to-print process.
● Partner with Design Managers, Design Execution Manager, Packaging Engineering and External Partners [Design Agencies, Comp Providers, & Print Suppliers] for seamless development and execution of packaging design Master Bundles including stakeholder communication throughout the project life-cycle.
● Partner with third party agencies (Adaptive Design Agencies, Regional Artwork providers & Coordinators) to plan and execute projects.
● Lead Design/Artwork Pre-Release Feasibility Meeting with GD&P Brand Design Managers, Design Execution Manager, Design agencies and Comp House, ensuring development of design expectations prior to design lock / handoff.
● Attend Pre-Production meetings with GD&P On-Site Artwork Providers, Design Execution Manager and Colgate Print Suppliers. Review of all Project Design Files to ensure printability of design intent during final print production review. Ensure all final files are built to print supplier specifications for type of print process prior to handoff.
● Plan & coordinate execution activities with both internal on-site studio & external production agencies the status / forecasting, and meetings with artwork managers.
● Communicate project status & timing to key business partners.
● Support the roll out of a global print color management program.
● Maintain communication with divisions; manage and communicate updated standards and packaging guidelines.
● Troubleshoot artwork, prepress, & printing issues as needed as SME/Resource. Requirements And Minimum Education Level
● 7+ years exp with Packaging design systems (esp. Packaging adaptation projects)
● Project management excellence
● Knowledge of the consumer product industry preferred
● Excellent communication (verbal & written), strong interpersonal and team facilitation skills are required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit . To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love programme please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.