Job ID 17048
Career Level Others
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Industry Health / Beauty Care
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Relocation Assistance Offered Globally
# 97426 – Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
An essential role within our Digital Creative Lab (DCL), the Colgate-Palmolive Digital Art Director guides and leads User Experience (UX) digital design for the Asia Pacific region of our global brands and businesses.
● Passionate FMCG brand storyteller who designs engaging, beautiful digital brand stories across websites, social media and e-commerce platforms (Lazada, Shopee, etc.).
● Create concepts and execute digital touch points, with a focus on the e-commerce ecosystem.
● Conceptualize break through (brand appropriate) digital creative that is modern and disruptive with dynamic storytelling
● Oversee the creative and production process for digital asset creation (infographics, thumbnails, banner ads, videos etc.) which includes partnering with the content strategist, brand team as well as sourcing creative talent/freelancers to direct them on the project needs
● Attend digital photoshoots and oversee retouching
● Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Global Design is the creative, visionary team responsible for the Colgate-Palmolive global portfolio of products which are found in 75% of every home in the world. We have over 20 brands in four categories – Home Care, Oral Care, Personal Care and Pet Care. Our deliverables range from the emotional components of a brand (look, tone and feel, brand identity) to the visual identity (product and package design, digital, video and photo production) for all of our brands.
Primary Responsibilities :
● Together with the Content Strategist & Brand team conceptualize, design and execute digital creative, supporting the overarching brand experience.
● Collaborate with Design managers, copywriters and digital designers to create impactful ecommerce campaigns, social media and website content creation to achieve the highest level of SEO.
● Effectively communicate and develop content through visual storytelling
● Stay abreast of and share UI/UX design best practices (design, typography, video, etc.)
● Effectively communicate and mentor the creative team
● Champion Colgate-Palmolive’s design-integrated philosophy and brand equity standards.
Optimistic: You are positive and always look for the favorable side of a situation.
Curious: You have an intense desire to know, understand and grow.
Resilient: You adapt. You bounce back and stay calm in the face of crisis.
Courage: You are not fearful in the face of stress, conflict or danger.You speak up and take smart risks.
Humility : You are modest in the estimate of your own importance.
Empathy : You value the feelings, thoughts and attitudes of others, and work toward team contributions.
Integrity: You take personal responsibility for your deadlines and the quality of your ideas.
Excellence: You strive for quality and uniqueness in your work and the work of others.
● Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree/certificate of design.
● 5+ years professional experience as a designer/art director in a digital/cross-media creative environment.
● 3+ years on a creative team working with FMCG/CPG digital brand creative.
● Hands-on, daily design/art direction experience under deadline.
● Schedule management/art direction of others’ schedules to achieve excellent results.
● Strong hand-on working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Core: Illustrator, PhotoShop,InDesign, AfterEffects) alongside photography experience.
● Working knowledge of Sketch, Figma and Content Management System (CMS) environments and HTML/CSS/motion graphics animation/video editing experience are welcome
● Deep awareness of the digital/eComm landscape (especially in Asia Pacific).
● Highly organized and detail oriented. Effectively and calmly able to ‘juggle’ multiple design projects at one time.
● Visual storytelling. You must be persuasive, and have the ability to tell stories that influence people.
● Energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
● Deliver clear direction and empathetic leadership to designers and content managers.
● Manage ambiguity by adapting with agility to new demands and challenges. Strong problem-solving skills
● Creativity, enthusiasm, team player, Collaborative mindset.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit . To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love programme please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.