Job ID 16764
Career Level Others
Experience 7 - 8 Years or +
Industry Retail & Wholesale
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Act as the Strategic Business Partner and Coach to the organization on all relevant people and organizational topics. Lead the local HR team, ensuring that we are building and executing the best HR strategies and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain the best people for today and tomorrow. Key member of the adidas Hong Kong Senior Leadership Team and Greater China HR leadership team.
- In partnership with HR SLT member, take a proactive part in the design of the Strategic Business Plan and determine the Strategic HR/People priorities for the respective business. Accountable for the execution of the Strategy and people experience in area of responsibility by delivering meaningful moments that matter.
- Lead and inspire the HR team members in the location, and provide direction according to the Global People Strategy, principles and focus. Collaborate with global and regional partners where needed. Ensure harmonized implementation and one voice to the customer.
- Accountable to ensure the team executes all core people processes (e.g. organization and workforce management, promotions/salary adjustments, talent reviews and succession planning, performance management process, etc.) with consistency and operational excellence based on corporate guidelines and tools.
- Ensure that all aspects of staffing and employee life cycle processes and activities are delivered timely and in accordance with relevant legislations, corporate guidelines / policies manual and contemporary HR practices, with the advice and support of CoE partners where applicable.
- Work closely with the Rewards team to define and implement the compensation & benefit programs.
- Drive complex organizational design, change and transformation programs, redesigning structures around strategic objectives in cooperation with OD/OE.
- Use data, analysis and dashboards to shape organizational strategy and aid business in making people and org decisions.
- Identify and build skills and capabilities against strategic initiatives, lead strategic workforce planning process.
- Develop Leadership Bench, and build a Talent pipeline with robust succession plans for Senior Leadership positions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintain a high level of communication and partnership with the Senior Leadership Team and contribute to key organizational and people decisions.
- Drive initiatives that contribute to the creation of a culture that stimulates an inclusive work environment and strong employee engagement at every level throughout the organization.
- Enable and support business teams on key employee communications on people topics, e.g. Town Halls, Employee Meetings.
- Represent the people requirements and needs of the location. Partner and build strong relationships with the HR leaders in global and regions.
- Collaborate closely with other co-located Global HR teams to drive one employee experience and employer branding. Drive and support people activities /events to promote company vision.
- Drive and maintain engagement within the HR team at every level in the location through effective motivation, coaching, training and development.
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as adidas’ Fair Play Code of Conduct, Anti-Harassment and Discrimination and other internal policies.
- Maintain external view on labour, HR trends and best practices ensuring company labour compliance as well as positioning the company as a top/best employer.
- adidas Hong Kong Senior Leadership Team.
- Greater China HR Leadership Team / HR4HR
- HR Talent and Talent Acquisition
- HR Rewards
- Legal Counsel and Attorneys
- Local Authorities
- Workplaces, Corporate Communications, Employee Groups, etc.
- Talents in area of responsibility (VP and below)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team leader with excellent management skills. Show deep understanding of the overall strategy and derived goals. Translate goals in actionable projects or tasks.
- Strong customer orientation, an acute sense of business management and administration.
- The ability to understand and synthesize a wide range of stakeholder views, constantly listening whilst remaining focused on the overall goal.
- The ability to take a strategic view and anticipate needs and broker practical solutions which make a genuine impact.
- Effective written and verbal communication. Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills to all employees including senior management. Provide ideas and thought leadership on people topics.
- Confident, creative and collaborative and role models this within the team.
- International mindset and ability to navigate a highly matrix environment
- MS Office skills, SAP experience is a plus
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field.
- At least 8 years of progressive HR leadership and operational delivery experience in multinational company and fast paced retail environment.
- Proven HR business partner, ideally with experience in multiple HR areas, e.g. Rewards, Talent or business function.
- Fluent in English, ideally also in Cantonese
- Experience in leading mid sized teams and complex projects within HR
- Experience handling complicated employee relations issues, investigations and downsizing.