Job ID 17099
Career Level Others
Experience 9 - 10 Years or +
Industry Retail & Wholesale
Qualifications Master Degree
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the organization:
To be sustainable, we need to grow our business while reducing our environmental impact across our value chain, that is why the adidas environmental program is designed to help our suppliers understand their impact areas (waste diversion, carbon, end to end chemical management and water) and develop and implement important sustainability practices.
This role will work collaboratively across the program teams to ensure a consistent and integrated approach of environmental program and targets into the supply chain. The director will lead a team of cross functional regional experts, provide insights to influence the program and enable continuous improvement. It is fast paced, highly collaborative and operates within a dynamic work environment that demands agility and flexibility.
Key Responsibilities and Projects:
- Lead a cross functional regional experts that support implementation and operational of the environmental program in all strategic T1 & T2 suppliers.
- Ensures global supply chain compliance with regulatory permits and adidas environmental requirement globally
- Integrate supply chain knowledge and identify supplier needs on technical issues around carbon, waste, water, chemical management and/or wastewater in the Global Supply Chain
- First line communication to suppliers and sourcing regarding environmental program performance and target achievement.
- Drive and manage strategic projects, activities and reports that contributes to the goals and future vision of the environmental program.
- Analyze and deliver progress reports, find creative solutions, and present findings.
- Develop materials for communication and capacity building around the environmental program initiatives to drive environmental improvements.
- Identify areas of future opportunity in respect to environmental strategic priorities and ensure alignment of program elements to adidas overarching environmental strategy
- Work with internal and external partners to increase awareness and adoption of best sustainability practices & programmes
- Engage in dialogue and sustain relationships with third parties, including NGO, Government bodies, brands, industry associations and professional institutions and act as the lead to identify key partnerships with diverse stakeholders to to further test future concepts and deliver accelerated actions.
- SEA Global Environmental Team
- Sustainability team, Sourcing Division, Global Operations, and local teams
- Key Regional LOs
- Local and regional industry associations, NGOs, government bodies,
- External monitors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skill and ability to coach and mentor a global cross functional team
- Strong strategic skills with the proven ability to turn ideas into action
- Project management knowledge and experience, including developing and maintaining project plans, providing regular communication, coordination, problem resolution and undertaking strong budget administration.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels, partnering, facilitating, and influencing and utilizing internal and external resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with business and external partners across time zones.
- Proactive problem solvers with a desire to collaborate with others
- Strong written and verbal English, any other regional (Asia Pacific) language is a plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the area(s) of environment and sustainability, with experience in manufacturing (apparel and footwear) preferable within the supply chain
- At least 8 years of management level strategic planning and performance management experience
- Proven people and team management skills with at least 5+ years’ experience
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering / Management / Science, Bachelor degree with be considered for the right candidate.