Job ID 16786
Career Level Others
Industry Retail & Wholesale
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Provide Commercial Finance support to the General Manager(s) for South APAC sub Regions from actuals through to Forecast and Budget. Delivery and Management of Actuals, Forecast, Budgets and 3-5 year plans for South APAC region. Help drive operational excellence by way of standardizing and simplifying processes ensuring sustainable changes throughout to deliver insightful outputs without compromised quality.
- Key business partner for sub-Regional General Manager(s) within SAPAC region and the cross functional stakeholders both in Hong Kong and the sub Regional markets
- Review and challenge overall monthly Retail P&Ls for relevant markets, ensuring numbers are accurate and robust
- Work with the General Manager (s) to produce robust forecasts and budgets, with a particular focus on sales including KPI’s and customer mix
- Review and challenge performance of stores and work with General Manager(s) to have an overall understanding of the business, adding value by looking for opportunities and following up on these with the relevant teams (e.g. identifying Commercial Procurement opportunities)
- Partner with the General Manager(s) to drive productivity in stores, by producing insightful and relevant reporting, presenting and identifying opportunities in order to add value.
- Cost Control – drive the right behaviour and work with the sub – Regions to ensure costs are kept under control
- Lead Finance and Operations monthly catch-ups with General Manager(s)
- Responsible for the store network in consideration of managing and preparing Actuals, Forecasts, Budgets and 3-5 year plan and associated management papers
- Preparation of capex appraisals for investments within the region
- Responsible for other ad hoc pieces of work as and when required within the commercial finance team including but not limited to people cost budgeting, local/tourist customer modelling, sales and property costs
- Responsible to liaise with Group Finance and internal/external audit for matters and assumptions in relation to relevant market (s)
- Support South APAC Finance Director and Senior Finance Manager on projects as required
- Support and present relevant projects to South APAC President as required
- Customer centric with ability to prioritize within tight timescales; attention to detail are key.
- Strong Commercial mindset
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientated with the ability to work with large volume of data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral;
- Self-motivated; adaptable; able to work in fast-paced, changeable environment; solution-driven.
- Ability to challenge ways of working and seek and deliver opportunities to improve productivity
- Commercial outlook
- Business Partnering
- Strong communication skills – written and oral;
- Good team player; prioritise skills within tight timescales; attention to detail.
- Works on own initiative; self-motivated; adaptable; able to work in fast-paced, changeable environment; solution-driven.
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferable
- BOSS, WSAAP experience preferable
- Qualified accountant: c.5 years PQE
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.