Job ID 20719
Career Level Others
Experience 11 - 15 Years or +
We’re looking for a marketing leader for Hong Kong & Taiwan to build world-class capabilities in the APAC marketing organisation, partner with the business to deliver on our big vision and growth plans and ensure Uber and Uber Eats are loved and trusted brands in daily life. In this role, you will report to the Senior Director APAC Marketing and work with regional and cross-functional partners to help create the future of the brand: an iconic and influential culture and category shaper. This is a unique opportunity to join an exceptional team in a fast-paced and rewarding environment within one of the most well recognised brands on earth. You will be responsible for building and leading a world-class marketing team, providing management of campaigns, strategic leadership, high-performance and collaborative team culture, functional excellence and partnerships. You’ll be in charge of the creation and execution of marketing plans and the management of its creative development and execution to fuel consumer demand, drive brand strength, and strengthen our connection with drivers.
- Develop a deep understanding of regional priorities (business targets, P&L priorities, segmentation, priority markets) to be a thought partner with the sub-regional General Manager and generate a marketing strategy & plans for the region
- Build and lead a high-performance, world-class marketing team with a culture of curiosity, agility and learning, fully connected within Uber’s global marketing organisation
- Set Uber’s marketing vision, strategy and priorities in Hong Kong & Taiwan, and galvanise central service teams and cross functional partners to deliver on this strategy
- Drive deep understanding of customer segments and evolving needs in Hong Kong & Taiwan to inform product and customer propositions, build value propositions, positioning and go to market strategies for eaters, couriers, riders and drivers
- Deliver customer and category business growth through development and implementation of marketing initiatives, campaigns, partnerships and activations ensuring a high degree of excellence from start to finish
- Champion Uber and Uber Eats brand values and mission and earn the trust of users and the community through offerings which help how people navigate city life, local partnerships, transparent communication, creative campaigns, and building out the brands’ social media presence
- Work closely and cross-functionally with Regional General Managers helping develop integrated business strategy and streamlined performance marketing efforts and goals
- Work very closely in a matrix environment with marketing, analytics, design, engineering, finance and senior leadership across the region and HQ to set clear objectives for regional strategy.
- Manage a team of Country Marketing Associates/ Senior Associates who will be responsible for the execution of regional marketing initiatives, providing them with coaching and guidance
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 13+ years in consumer marketing or related experience with a successful record of delivering work with measurable business results on time and on budget
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, with proven ability to grow and manage high performance teams across a broad spectrum of levels and experience. Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and manage teams through change effectively
- 5+ years of experience as final point of accountability for commercial targets and business results
- Experience and business acumen to create country marketing strategies and promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
- Exceptional relationship management and track record of successfully operating in a complex, global consumer marketing organisation
- Strong English and Mandarin and/or Cantonese verbal and written communication skills preferred. A deep sensibility of what matters in culture in Hong Kong and Taiwan. The ability to bring to life the Uber & Uber Eats brand in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
- The ability to bring to life the Uber & Uber Eats brands in a way that is both consistent with our global brand positioning but also meaningful to local culture and customs
- A strong customer-centric mindset – you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
- Excellent Agency Management skills with proven track record of strong leadership
- The ability to take the initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related discipline. Advanced degree is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Other jobs you may like
Communication Officer – Leading UK Shipping Company
- @ Page Personnel
- Central, Hong Kong