Job ID 21672
Career Level Entry
Experience 1 - 2 Years or +
Qualifications F.5 - F.7 or DSE
Established in 1931, GIA is the world’s foremost authority on diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. GIA exists to protect all purchasers of gemstones, by providing the education, laboratory services, research and instruments needed to accurately and objectively determine gemstone quality. As creator of the 4Cs and the GIA International Diamond Grading System™, the Institute sets and maintains the standard for grading and identification practices used worldwide. GIA’s corporate headquarters are located in the United States in Carlsbad, California.
As the world’s most respected gemological laboratory, GIA is entrusted with grading and identifying more gems than any other lab, including famous diamonds like the Hope, the Taylor-Burton, the De Beers Millennium Star, and the Incomparable. Located in major gem and jewelry centers around the world, GIA laboratories are staffed by expert diamond graders and gemologists, whose work sets the standard for grading practices worldwide.
Come work at the world’s most respected gemological laboratory as a logistics assistant in our GIA Hong Kong Laboratory located in Kowloon Bay. This position performs tasks to process incoming, outgoing and throughput of items transported via third party shippers, by performing the following duties.
- Processes all client service packages and internal transfers into and out of GTL through transport services facility.
- Packages and unpackages items to meet GTL and shippers security specifications.
- Maintains strict adherence to all security measures and procedures when handling gems.
- Follows safe access and opening & closing procedures to ensure item safety.
- Transfers items from transport services to inventory control, physically and electronically.
- Communicates grading results occasionally to clients who utilize transport services.
- Communicates with shippers, custom brokers, and clients as appropriate.
- Communicates effectively, gets along with co-workers and management, and deals with others effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Form 5 graduated required
- Minimum of 1-2 years related work experience strongly preferred. Candidate with shipping experience is an advantage.
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills is a must.
- Ability to get along with a diverse group of individuals in Hong Kong and other international locations.
- Detail-minded with good concentration skills.
- Proven ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Well organized, responsible, mature & ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work in various departments and cross train as needed to meet business needs.
- Willingness to work overtime.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy. The information will only be used for appointment to the Company and other company-related purposes.”
Contact & Company Information
Please submit resumes to [email redacted, apply via company website] to the attention of the Human Resources department. All resumes must include your past salary history and current salary requirements. You may also contact our Human Resources Department at 92217029 (whatsapp) for more information.
We encourage you to visit our corporate website at http://www.gia.edu/ to learn more information about GIA.