Job ID 20679
Career Level Others
Experience 3 - 4 Years or +
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Passionate about high-growth companies and possess excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills? Are a proven, encouraging and collaborative teammate and strategic problem solver with strong execution skills? Are you hardworking and able to turn raw data into meaningful business insights? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an Operations Manager to make a direct and immediate business impact through strategic growth of our taxi driver partners and their riders.
As an integral member of the Uber Hong Kong team, you will help and guide the strategic decision-making process as we drive toward operational excellence. The ideal candidate for this role should have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, bias toward leadership, excellent time-management and organizational habits, strong analytical skills, and the ability to clearly present information to inform sound business decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Craft and lead the growth of active users including taxi drivers and riders. Run partner relationships by taking on problem areas and developing solutions with business partners
- Optimize business performance by finding opportunities and proposing impactful solutions
- Adapt products and features to Hong Kong in coordination with operations and product teams all over the world
- Analyze complex data to understand user behavior and areas for improvement in communication channel, sign-up and incentive programs
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners. Be able to answer any questions that come your way in a fast-moving environment
What You’ll Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrable commercial decision making, preferably in operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work / start ups. Candidate with less experience may be considered for an Operations Associate role. *Applicants with experience in ride-hailing or the taxi industry or proven experience dealing and interacting with those industry verticals are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A track record of business decision making based on appropriate insights coupled with strong analytical thinking ability
- Experienced in interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional partners, guide and support sales team members and engage the wider driver-partner community
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English is required
- Technical skills: Excellent Excel skills. SQL knowledge is preferred (and if not, must possess an aptitude to learn quickly as it will quickly form part of your day-to-day activity)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We encourage people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.