Job ID 16050
Career Level Management
Experience 9 - 10 Years or +
Industry Property Development
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
Hong Kong Housing Society is a non-government organization aiming to serve the needs of the Hong Kong community in housing and related services. We strive to be a world-class housing solution provider and innovator with leadership in quality, value for money and management. We put Customer, Quality, Talent and Prudence as the core values that support our guiding principles.
- Implement HKHS site team management policies and procedures in assigned site to ensure effectiveness of operations and maintain accurate and updated information about site status and quality.
- Ensure performance of contractors to quality standards through supervision of the various monitoring systems, implementation of HKHS’ Integrated Quality System, including continuous review of project quality assurance documentation and direct supervision or audit of tests and measurements.
- Monitor project progress on continuing basis to identify delays, discrepancies, conflicts or other anomalies on a timely basis.
- Based on agreed principles of the project team, take appropriate actions to address anomalies and maintain project timeline, including, as appropriate, ensuring site team to resolve technical, scheduling or resourcing problems, reporting to General Manager/Senior Manager and informing consultants and contractors of problems, and prompting relevant parties to identify and act on solutions.
- Endorse selection of consultants’ contract site staff and ensure they are adequately discharging their responsibilities.
- Ensure mutual understanding of project progress and quality with consultants’ resident site staff and with contractor’s management and site team to support quick resolution of problems.
- Ensure site activities including the accesses are coordinated among the utility companies, government authorities and contractors.
- Oversee the hand-over of completed projects to customers and other internal Division.
- Follow up on complaints and monitor defect rectification works for completed projects.
- Ensure compliance of the site safety requirements stipulated in the works contract.
- Degree in Building Studies, Construction Management, Architecture, M&E, Structural Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ solid experience in building construction.
- Experience in project management / construction management in developers organisations preferred.
- Familiar with Buildings Ordinance, allied legislation and related Codes of Practice. Familiar with construction sites safety and relevant legislations.
- Possess good knowledge of overall management of building construction works and technical know-how in various stages of construction and work sequences.
- Sound knowledge of the building materials and components, e.g. reinforced concrete, water-proofing, building services installations, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Windows.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to suitable candidates. To apply, please send your application with full resume and reference quoted to Human Resources Manager by fax: 2882 4466 or through online application: http://www.hkhs.com/online.recruit
Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
You are welcome to visit our website www.hkhs.com to learn more about us.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Housing Society’s personal data policies which is available in our website and obtainable upon request. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Housing Society and all personal data of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within 6 months upon completion of the relevant recruitment exercises.