Job ID 16109
Career Level Non-Management
Experience 3 - 4 Years or +
Industry Clothing / Garment / Textile
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
We are The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA).
We are established with funding from the Innovation and Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
We work with Industry to invent, innovate, and create new solutions that make our industries better and benefit our society.
We are a young, energetic team that delights in bringing together researchers and industry partners.
We thrive on challenges. We are excited by new possibilities. We love to create new and better products, machines, and solutions. Applications are now invited for the following position.
[Work Location: Science Park, Shatin]
Reporting to the Research Manager, the appointee will be required to:
- take preliminary research/analysis of target technology areas;
- be responsible for conducting R&D activities, such as literature review, carrying out experiments, studying and summarizing research findings and development of prototypes;
- manage R&D projects, including technical and financial aspects and other project administrative tasks, such as preparing project updates and reports;
- work closely with R&D researchers and personnel; coordinate with local and overseas universities, research institutions and business partners, and handle enquiries in a professional manner; and
- perform any other duties as assigned.
- a bachelor’s degree or above in a related discipline* from a local university;
- have 3 or more years of research/ relevant work experience for bachelor’s degree graduate;
- highly-organized and capable of working under pressure with multi-task assignments;
- good interpersonal skills; and
- fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese, with good command of Putonghua being an advantage.
- Textile & Clothing: Apparel/Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, Textile Engineering
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Automation, Electrical Engineering, Wearable Technology, Process Engineering
- Science: Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Applied Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, Biomechanical Engineering, Thermal Physiology, Sports Science, Applied Physics, Green Technology and etc.
- Others: Statistics and Information Technology
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be offered on a contract basis, re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae in strict confidence to Human Resources Manager, HKRITA, R906-8, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon. (E-mail: [email redacted, apply via company website]). Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. HKRITA reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the positions. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number on the envelope.