Job ID 19763
Career Level Others
Experience 9 - 10 Years or +
Industry Environmental Science
Lead the creation of a sustainable material supply base for APP/FW/ A&G material sourcing, manage the implementation in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and play an active role in creation of global sustainability strategy.
- Support and manage the Global Sourcing Sustainability Strategy in your areas of responsibility
- Responsible for defining the sustainable material supply strategy (e.g. Made to be Remade and expanded Recycling Mgmt) in line with demand growth, and ensure suppliers meets expectations on social and environmental compliance, cost, delivery, quality and traceability.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure directions are validated, prioritized, aligned and implementation support is provided
- Lead the creation of supply base for materials that are not mainstream (ex: Ocean Plastic, Waste,)
- Lead the onboarding new suppliers for raw material to ensure steady supply
- Ensure the performance of supply base aligned with T1/T2 performance
- Ensure operations of sustainable raw material suppliers comply with relevant local laws respecting human rights, health and safety of all employees and environment, drive remediation and correction in continues improvement approach.
- Ensure that all sourced products are traceable as per the Traceability Policy
- Ensure business relationships between adidas Sourcing, its key suppliers and other business partners are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
- Maintain awareness of key players in the industry for key countries. Foster relationship when appropriate
- Supplier Base (T1/T2/T3,T4,T5…)
- Social and Environmental Affairs
- FW, APP and A&G Sourcing Teams
- GOPs (CC,AC, Future, Sustainability,… )
- Transport, Logistics and Customs
- External Parties (Parley, Fashion For Good, …)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Management experience, including leading, developing, and motivating people and building effective teams. Experience managing virtual teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and result orientation
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong understanding of material manufacturing
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Pro-active approach and thinking outside of the box
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree from educational entity preferably in related fields
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sports industry
- Experience on vendor management