Job ID 16671
Career Level Management
Industry Government & Civil Services
Qualifications Master Degree
The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was established by the Hong Kong SAR Government in 2000 with a mission to enhance the city’s global competitiveness. To remain globally prominent, Hong Kong strives to find new ways for its traditional sectors to thrive, and for the potential of emerging sectors to be unleashed. Harnessing the power of technology is key to achieving this.
ASTRI lives up to its mission by pursuing applied Research and Development (R&D) that is delivering technological solutions that strengthen institutions, improve businesses, and benefit communities. Its R&D endeavours focus on five key areas of applications:
- Smart City
- Financial Technologies
- Intelligent Manufacturing
- Health Technologies
- Application Specific Integrated Circuits
To support our constant endeavour to position Hong Kong as a world-class smart city and an international hub of innovation and technology, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
Reference #: 2020/PHP/ART/309CP/a
- Assist in ITF R&D project as assigned
- Research and Evaluate State-of-the-Art Robotic Systems
- Develop Model-Based Algorithms for Applications in Robotics and Automation
- Documentation of the design and testing throughout SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and ISO processes.
- PhD holder in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Engineering or relevant disciplines, including non-local applicant;
- Experience in Algorithm Design and Implementation.
- Experience in programming using Java, C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow is a plus.
- Excel in Analytical and Communication skills in written and spoken English.
Please send your application to [email redacted, apply via company website] with your resume (word format) with attaching the PhD certificate / supporting document from the University; you must quote the Job Ref No. and include the following information: * Name of University
- PhD obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Project Internship Program before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
- Academic referee
- Your R&D skills
- Your work experience, if applicable
Application Deadline: until this position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
ASTRI is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used exclusively for recruitment only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.