Job ID 20888
Career Level Management
Experience 9 - 10 Years or +
Industry Building / Construction
The applicant must possess * a recognised diploma or above in construction-related disciplines;
- a minimum of 9 years’ post-qualification work experience in construction sites of different types of construction projects;
- experience in supervisory role / law enforcement will be an advantage;
- good knowledge in construction industry operation and practices in Hong Kong;
- independent thinking and with good physical fitness;
- a high level of integrity and a good sense of responsibility;
- good communication and interpersonal skills and with proven team management experiences;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese and proficiency in Microsoft application software; and
- a valid Hong Kong Driving Licence (Class 1) is preferred.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
Report to the Manager – Inspection & Enforcement, the incumbent is expected: * to enforce the Construction Workers Registration Ordinance Cap.583 (“CWRO”);
- to carry out daily construction site inspection where occasional weekend inspection is required on a roster basis, conduct daily attendance record checking and follow up the necessary actions;
- to investigate, gather evidence, take witness statements, file summons and prepare the cases non-compliant to the CWRO for prosecution at court;
- to supervise subordinates and prepare inspection plan, duty roster, detailed inspection procedures, implementation programme as well as enhancements to procedures;
- to perform analysis on different trade skills, work scope and CWRO requirements; to consolidate and perform analysis on the inspection data and results;
- to prepare bilingual reports, handle enquiries, conduct briefings and trainings in relation to the CWRO;
- to keep abreast of the trade skills development, the latest practices in the construction industry and legal requirements, assigned and self-initiated continuing learning; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please click the below “Apply Online” to complete the application form and upload the updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job on or before 2 February 2021.
For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.