Job ID 17271
Career Level Others
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
The Operations team leads our vision, strategy, execution and tactics for our Driver and Rider Operations in Hong Kong. Operations is all about running our business on the ground and helping our riders and driver partners get the most out of Uber’s platform.
We are seeking a Senior Operations & Logistics Manager to holistically own strategic projects to grow our business and user base. This role will involve huge cross-functional collaboration across marketing, customer support, business development, finance, tax, legal, policy and communications. The ideal applicant will be an outstanding project manager with intimate product understanding, who is able to coordinate across all these groups to deliver a successful rider and product strategy and execution plan.
The ideal candidate possesses superb analytical skills, and is also passionate about teamwork and has prior experience managing a team to deliver results.
Examples of areas you will be working on are understanding user preferences and behaviour, segmenting our user base, boosting our acquisition and retention efforts, tailoring our value proposition to rider needs and deciding on new products launch approach and timeline.
What you’ll do
- Work to optimise the driver and rider customer journey. You’ll understand their requirements, issues and strive to tackle them. You’ll want everyone to ride just as much as you do!
- You’ll craft and execute the vision, strategy and day to day tactics for user acquisition and engagement, through data-centric analytics, creative campaigns, robust digital marketing and partnership programs
- You will work collaboratively with local, regional and global stakeholders to improve the platform experience
- You’ll handle the development of compelling digital content to keep riders engaged and up to date
- You’ll empower the team to continually level-up their results, expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational metrics
- You’ll work closely with the Driver Lead, Rider Lead, Product Lead and Marketplace Lead to achieve common goals
Minimum 5 years of deep, hands-on management of functions that included combinations of the following: operations, product, analytics, marketing and data driven CRM programs. Candidates with different years of experience will also be considered
- Data-first problem solver with sound business judgment and proven experience acquiring and engaging users in a commercially no-nonsense way
- Stellar project management skills. You have proven ability to lead initiatives at your organization
- Full proficiency in English and Cantonese is required
- Ability to write SQL queries is a strong plus
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to empower and encourage through storytelling – you are able to rally people behind a common goal
- Strong collaborative mindset: we can be way more impactful if we work together
- You want to craft the future of our presence in Hong Kong
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We encourage applications from qualified people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Do you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, we are looking for? If so, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!