Job ID 16099
Career Level Others
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Qualifications Bachelor Degree
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people through play and imagination.
From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Social Media & Community Manager to join our ranks and help build the future of the multiverse!
You will need every tool in your kit and spell in your book to get it done: engaging posts, a deep understanding of the ancient texts of community sentiments, a grappling hook and probably a few good memes!
This role will lead the social media marketing and community for Taiwan and Hong Kong and the successful candidate will have passion for and experience in physical and digital game community management.
- Develop strategic community development campaigns for Taiwan and Hong Kong in concert with regional and HQ based marketing teams.
- Lead the strategy to craft compelling and informative player facing communications for announcements and game updates for Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Lead the strategy to engage and manage sentiments of community to foster a creative, vibrant and welcoming community in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Keeping ahead of industry trends to continue exploring and exploiting marketing ideas at the bleeding edge of the industry.
- Strong ability to advocate for optimal resources/investment for Taiwan and Hong Kong as well as general Chinese Traditional needs to drive robust long-term community development and engagement.
- Establish and run rhythms of business with related regional and HQ teams to ensure the delivery and achievement of committed goals and ensuring high mindshare for Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- 5+ years experience in social media marketing and community management for consumer categories with preferred focus on collectibles/ gaming/ entertainment.
- Drive for results: setting clear goals along with leading and coaching team towards achievement of those goals.
- Financial acumen: management of budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college required with fluency in English and Mandarin, reading comprehension of Chinese Traditional
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities under tight project deadlines required.
- Certain knowledge of Taiwan and Hong Kong’s culture and history
- Hobby channel gaming experience. Paper based or digital
- P&L management understanding (financial/business acumen)
- Familiarity with Wizards products a huge plus – particularly Magic: the Gathering. .
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
- Up to 20%. Regional markets and WotC HQ in Seattle, WA
We are en Equal Opportunity / Affairmative Action Employer. The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.