Job ID 21584
Career Level Others
Experience 5 - 6 Years or +
Industry Banking / Finance / Investment
The Corporate Meetings & Events (CME) team is seeking an experienced Web Front End Development Engineer to work with our International Corporate Meetings and Events Group based in Hong Kong.
The Web Front End Development Engineer works with the International Corporate Meetings and Events Group and their clients, and will have significant exposure & interaction to design and build client websites and registration forms for information gathering. The successful candidate must be a strong team partner and have the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and prioritize workload with a keen eye on detail whilst meeting strict deadlines. This role will report into the Head of International Web Development team based in London.
- Collaborate with event planners and clients to design, build and maintain highly effective event websites and registration forms using the Firm’s bespoke event management system
- Actively test the Firm’s event management system to identify new bugs and use cases, and work on other technology related projects as needed
- Adhere to internal policy and procedures with regards to reporting activities and spend, compliance regulations, approval processes and ensuring appropriate documentation is in place
- Develop partnership with internal stakeholders and external vendors for complex conference and events execution
- Communicate appropriately with senior stakeholders to management expectations and raise important issues to manager in a timely manner
- Work independently on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of delivery and execution
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, be confident and have excellent communications skills. These characteristics are critical as the role will have global exposure, accountability and responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience in web design in HTML and CSS
- 2+ years of experience in content management systems
- Experience developing responsive/adaptive websites for mobile interface
- 1 year minimum experience with HTML email
- Experience with testing web-based applications using HP Application Lifecycle Management (or similar)
- Prior experience in Financial Services or Corporate environment
- Prior experience with event management and/or client relationship management is not required but would be helpful
- Aptitude for technology, systems and understanding organizational structure
- Maintain a sense of urgency, be proactive and accountable
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Uphold strong business ethics when dealing with sensitive information
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills; detail oriented
- Team player with proven capability of reaching proposed targets and supporting team members with their events as necessary
Additional skills would be considered a plus:
- 2 years of experience working with SQL reporting
- 2 years of experience with writing tests for web-based applications using HP Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver & Photoshop specifically)
- Experience with events-focused applications
- Microsoft Access
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- SharePoint 2007/2010
- Experience with analytics tools
- Project management skills
About Us: J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Marketing & Communications teams shape the firm’s brand and protect and grow the firm’s excellent reputation across the world. They deepen relationships with customers through shared passions with a best in class portfolio of partnerships globally. Through the use of data and analytics, they create and deliver marketing campaigns or servicing messages through our websites, mobile apps, and paid media channels based on what is best for the customer.